At O-health we empower our clients to live healthier lives. That is why we are banding together and supporting Men’s health during November. Our staff will be growing a moustache to raise awareness of men’s health issues, such as prostate and testicular cancer, as well as mental health concerns such as stress, depression and suicide.
- Men are dying on average 5 years earlier than women, and for largely preventable reasons
- One man dies by suicide every minute of every day, with males accounting for 75% of all suicides
- Around 10.8M males globally are facing life with prostate cancer
- Testicular cancer is the most common cancer among young men
We can take action! The top things we can all do:
- Take a break. Talk to someone you trust, especially when things are tough.
- Get moving! Exercise does great things to your body and mind, so do more of what makes you feel good.
- Spend time with people that make you feel good. Get out and do something you enjoy with a mate.
- Know the numbers. At 50, talk to your doctor about prostate and testicular cancer and book regular check ups.
- Know thy nuts. Get to know what’s normal for your testicles and see a doctor if something is not right.
By 2030, reduce the number of men dying prematurely by 25%.
We are fortunate enough with our work that we can start the conversation with our clients and bring awareness to these issues. I hope this blog makes you think about these issues and you look forward to seeing our team members rocking a furry caterpillar during November.