2023 O-MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
Are you looking to work in private practice when you graduate?
Are you in 3rd or 4th year and looking for an extraordinary mentorship experience?
This is a great opportunity to gain valuable experience in a diverse and innovative local
O-health is the fastest-growing allied health practice in Albury-Wodonga and delivers exceptional care by utilising the complementary skill sets of physiotherapists, osteopaths,
exercise physiologists and sports scientists. With a purpose-built clinic and access to technology and facilities, this is an opportunity to gain a greater understanding of how to
integrate your knowledge into a private practice environment.
Apply now to fast-track your clinical knowledge and kickstart your career!
About the Program:
The O-health O-Mentorship Program is an incredible opportunity for final year Physiotherapy students to gain valuable insight into a career in private practice.
- Monthly meetings with clinicians (either in person or virtual if on placement) covering a range of clinical presentations and therapist skills.
- Opportunity to shadow experienced practitioners during your university placement breaks – including exposure to speciality areas such as multidisciplinary care, osteopathy, exercise physiology, Pelvic Health physiotherapy, vestibular rehabilitation, musculoskeletal physiotherapy, bike fitting and general private practice physiotherapy.
- Exposure to a range of group classes, including balance, falls prevention, GLAD, reformer, Exercise Physiology, strength and conditioning, youth performance classes.
- Ongoing mentoring from senior practitioners to assist the transition into private practice
- Access to our in-house CPD and speakers every 2nd fortnight.
- Access to our team of exceptional therapists and use of our gym and technology.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be enrolled full-time in a Bachelor of Physiotherapy at CSU Albury
- Be an Australian Physiotherapy Association member
- Have a current Police Check, First Aid and CPR Certificate, and Working With Childrens Check
- Be a rockstar communicator.
- Be passionate about health care and about making a difference in your community and have the willingness to learn.
If you wish to apply, please complete our online application form attached here. We will shortlist our preferred candidates and contact you for an interview.
Students will be assessed on:
- An understanding of O-health- what we stand for, how we do health differently and our
vision for our Albury community.
- Communication skills
- Enthusiasm, academic ability and willingness to learn from a passionate team!
Terms and Conditions
The successful applicants will undertake a 3-month probationary period. If we are the right fit for each other, you will be offered a position in the O-health O-Mentorship Program.
You will not be guaranteed a New Graduate position at O-health. However, it will confer very obvious advantages in our application process.
We want to make the transition into private practice easier for you.
You will become familiar with what our goals of treatment are, expected levels of care, our practice management software, and communication strategies and gain a greater understanding of the way in which multiple disciplines can work seamlessly together.